With a new job and a new schedule, this was my first day off since I started at the beginning of last week.
It hasn’t been too crazy, I honestly love my new job! But it had been a while since I tried baking a new recipe! Its so relaxing for me to be in the kitchen trying something new. Plus, it sure makes our home smell nice!
So, after a good night’s sleep, a good service at church, and a good lunch with my husband at our kitchen table, I pulled up a recipe I pinned on pinterest a while back.
I am so grateful for relaxing Sundays with my love and some extra sweet treats 🙂
Without further ado, the recipe is below! Enjoy!
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (most mix calls for oil, water, and eggs)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 TB unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a 9×13 pan, make and bake brownie mix according to box directions. Let cool. <– this is definitely important! Peanut Butter spread won’t spread well if not completely cool.
- In a bowl add your powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and peanut butter. Mix well. Spread with fingers over the brownies and pat down (it has a consistency similar to playdough).
- Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Low heat is important so it doesn’t burn the butter. Spread over brownies 2nd layer.
My finished product. Not necessarily the prettiest but they are so delicious!
Originally pinned from Lil Luna’s Blog.
baked with love, t.